Summer Leadership Academy
The Summer Leadership Academy of First Baptist Rogers is for college students who are called by God to vocational ministry. It is a great opportunity to learn and practice God’s calling and get paid for it! FBR is a multi-generational, multi-campus, multi-ethnic, thriving church in Northwest Arkansas. Therefore, it will provide a comprehensive ministry experience. The 10-week paid internship seeks to teach, equip, train, and develop vocational ministry leaders called to specific ministry areas.. The areas include:
- Preschool (birth-Kindergarten)
- Kids (1-5 grades)
- Students (6-12 grade)
- Adults (College and up)
There are a limited number of positions available, so apply now! We will continue receiving applications until all spots are filled or until March 7, 2022.
Through the Summer Intern program, First Baptist Rogers seeks to provide a quality experience:
- To mentor and encourage students who have publicly responded to a vocational call to ministry.
- To seek academic credit from a Christian college for this intern program. With the desire to obtain college academic credit, our faculty is made up of those who have Master’s degrees or above from accredited colleges and seminaries.
- Practical ministry encompasses a majority of the internship. Each area is overseen by a pastor with many years of ministry experience.
All interns will be available for Guest Services on Sundays, and attending any camps, retreats, or mission trips offered by the Preschool, Kids, and Student Ministries. In addition, attendance is required for some Day Camps, VBS, local mission weekends (Engage Week), hospital visits, nursing home visits, etc.
- Be out of high school one year
- Be called by God to vocational ministry
- Complete the application process (including the Culture Index Survey)
- Be flexible
- Pass a background check
Opportunities and experiences will include:
- Learn Church Culture.
- Practice ministry.
- Serve at a multi-campus MEGA church.
- Learn under some of the great disciple-makers in the state: April Brown,
Shay Caldwell, Chris Roller, and Alan Reed
- Experience planning and executing events
- Share the Gospel with unsaved people
- Prepare devotionals and/or messages
- Interns will work every Sunday and serve as church staff. Dress code is business
casual on Sundays. Remember, you will never offend people by your modesty.
- You will be paid a weekly amount for the 10-weeks that you work. Vacation/time
off may or may not be allowed. If vacation days are allowed then you will not
be paid for the time you were off.
- Transportation is not provided to daily work. You will need your own vehicle to
drive to and from work.
- Housing may be available at a host home but is not guaranteed.
To apply for the Summer Leadership Academy you will need to complete an
application form and a Culture Index Survey. There are a limited number of
positions available, so apply now! We will continue receiving applications until all
spots are filled or until March 7, 2022.