kids Ministry Associate
The Vision of First Baptist Rogers is “A church for every person to reach every nation.” FBR is one Church in multiple locations reaching Northwest Arkansas. The vision of the Kids Ministry Associate should be to seek to fulfill FBR's vision.
The Mission at FBR is “Make Disciples of All the Nations”. The mission of the Kids Ministry Associate is to fulfill the mission of FBR by assisting the Kids Pastor in executing an excellent Kids Ministry. The mission specifically focuses on Northwest Arkansas, and generally to all the world. Northwest Arkansas includes a thirty-mile radius from the Pleasant Grove location.
The Kids Ministry Associate serves under the direct supervision of the Kids Pastor.
The Kids Ministry Associate is expected to show evidence of growing in Christ; Have a consistent public witness; Be called or exploring a call to vocational ministry to children in the church or other context; Affirm the Baptist Faith & Message 2000 doctrinal statement; Have the ability to maintain a pleasant demeanor and attitude in stressful situations; Relate well with children, families, and those who work with children; Be a member or willing to become a member of FBR; and abide by the Leadership Honor Code of FBR.
- The Kids Ministry Associate is expected to assist the Kids Pastor in bridging the discipleship process that was begun in the Preschool Ministry and continues to the Student Ministry.
- The Kids Ministry Associate is expected to assist the Kids Pastor in developing a vibrant ministry that makes and matures disciples resulting in spiritual and numerical growth. Growth can best occur when the ministry is balanced with the five biblical purposes: Evangelism, Discipleship, Worship, Fellowship, and Ministry.
- Works in agreement with the culture of FBR
- Recruits, recruits & recruits
- Provides excellent customer service to visitors, members, and volunteers
- Assumes direct operational responsibility when the Kids Pastor is absent
- Coordinates Kid LIFE Groups
- Assures weekly volunteer staffing
- Coordinates upstairs Kids Welcome Desk & troubleshooters
- Coordinates supply needs with prep team and ministry assistants
- Assists Kids Pastor with teacher training
- Assists the AWANA leadership team
- Coordinates AWANA inventory and record keeping
- Supports the Kids Church team during the week
- Fulfills set needs & supply requests
- Manages Kids Ministry storage areas
- Helps the Kids Pastor plan and execute special events (VBS, Trunk or Treat, Camp, etc.)
- Assists in Upward Sports programs
- Helps the Kids Pastor identify and follow up with prospects
- Provides spiritual counsel to children and families in appropriate settings
- Attends staff meetings and retreats as directed
- Protects students by enforcing background checks for all workers age 18 and over
- Advertises/communicates all events
- Attends Kids’ extracurricular activities (schools, events, etc.)
- Performs administrative tasks as assigned
- Assists the Senior Pastor and Discipleship Pastor in all pastoral ministries as directed
- Other duties as assigned
PRIMARY EVALUATION TOOL:
- Number of active children
- Number of children salvations and baptisms
- Achievement of Goals and Objectives
SECONDARY EVALUATION TOOL:
- Annual number of first-time guests
- Annual number of baptisms
- Annual average Life Group attendance
- Annual stewardship
THIRD EVALUATION TOOL:
- Chemistry, Competence, Character, Culture
To apply for this position, please complete the Culture Index assessment and application here.