Are you a college student who has been called by God to vocational ministry? Check out our Summer Intern program!
The First Baptist Rogers Summer Intern Program exists to mentor and encourage people who have publicly responded to a vocational call to ministry and/or missions. Priority is given to students from FBR. Students can obtain college credit from some Christian universities for this internship. The classroom setting is considered academic with seminars in systematic and contemporary theology, evangelism, biblical literacy, worship, sermon/lesson preparation, and pastoral ministry. But most of the time interns will engage in practical ministry situations with a ministry supervisor that has a master’s degree or above from an accredited university or seminary. To qualify interns must be (1) out of high school for at least one year, (2) complete a background check and (3) plan to participate in all student and kid's activities. Pay will be discussed at orientation.
• To mentor and encourage students who have publicly responded to a vocational call to ministry and/or missions
• To seek academic credit from a Christian college for this intern program. With the desire to obtain college academic credit, our faculty is made up of those who have Masters degrees or above from accredited colleges and seminaries
• Learn from experts in Discipleship who know how to expand and grow ministry areas: April Brown (Preschool Director), Shay Caldwell (Kids Pastor), Chris Roller (Student Pastor), Alan Reed (Adult Discipleship Pastor), and Wade Tomlinson (Olive Street Campus and Missions Pastor).
Duration: June 1- August 6 (10 weeks)
Notice of acceptance into the internship program will be sent April 1, 2020
8am-8:30am Personal Devotional Time
8:30am-12pm Classroom Setting
1pm-4:30pm Supervised Ministry Assignment
*Camps and mission trips do not have typical schedules.
• Earn college credit through your university
• Learn church culture
• Practice ministry
• Serve at a multi-campus megachurch
• Learn practical ministry from experts in discipleship
• Experience planning and executing events
• Learn how to share the Gospel with unsaved people
• Preparing devotionals and/or messages
• Classtime (31.5 hours)
• Earn money
Please download the application. Email your completed application as well as your resume to Kellie Tempel. In addition to the application process, you will need to complete the following survey linked here.
Please complete our application process by March 15 if you would like to be considered for our 2020 intern season.