Summer Leadership Academy
The First Baptist Rogers Summer Leadership Academy is for college students who are called by God to vocational ministry. It is a great opportunity to learn and practice God’s calling in their lives. FBR is a multi-generational, multi-campus, multi-ethnic, thriving church in Northwest Arkansas. Therefore, it will provide a comprehensive ministry experience. The 10-week internship seeks to teach, equip, train and develop vocational ministry leaders called to specific ministry areas. The areas include:
- Preschool (birth-Kindergarten)
- Kids (1-5 grades)
- Students (6-12 grade)
- Adults (College and up)
Through the Summer Intern program, First Baptist Rogers seeks to provide a quality experience:
- To mentor and encourage students who have publicly responded to a vocational call to ministry.
- To seek academic credit from a Christian college for this intern program. With the desire to obtain college academic credit, our faculty is made up of those who have Master’s degrees or above from accredited colleges and seminaries.
- Practical ministry encompasses a majority of the internship. Each area is overseen by a pastor with many years of ministry experience.
All Interns will be available for Guest Services, attending any camps, retreats, and mission trips offered by the Preschool, Kids, and Students ministries, off-campus Day Camps, VBS, Engage Week, hospital and geriatric visits, etc.
- Be out of high school one year
- Be called by God to vocational ministry
- Complete the application process
- Be flexible
- Pass a background check
Opportunities and experiences will include:
- Learn Church Culture.
- Practice ministry.
- Serve at a multi-campus MEGA church.
- Learn under some of the great disciple-makers in the state: April Brown, Shay Caldwell, Chris
Roller, and Alan Reed.
- Experience planning and executing events.
- Share the Gospel with unsaved people.
- Prepare devotionals and/or messages
- Sundays. Interns will work every Sunday and serve as church staff. GAME Day!
- Dress Code is business casual on Sundays. Remember, you will never offend people by your
- Pay. You will be paid a weekly amount for the 10-weeks that you work. Vacation may or may
not be allowed. If vacation days are allowed, then you will not be paid for the week off.
- Vehicle. You will need to provide your own transportation to work.
We will try to connect you with a Host Home if needed but cannot guarantee that
one will be made available.
To apply for our Summer Leadership Academy, you will need to complete both of the following: