Director of First Friends Kid's Day Out Program
HOURS: 15 Hours Per Week (Late August – May) Approx. 40 Hours Total from June – Mid August
REPORTS TO: Director of Preschool Ministry and Executive Pastor of Discipleship
MANAGES: Assistant KDO Director, KDO Teachers, & CSC’s
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage day to day operations of the Kid’s Day Out Program, including but not limited to:
- Recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating all KDO Staff Members.
- Providing adequate staffing in all classrooms, including substitute teachers when necessary.
- Maintaining all building safety and security guidelines at FBC Rogers as it relates to the Kid’s Day Out Program.
- Ensure that all necessary reporting is done as it relates to Mandatory Reporting.
- Visiting and observing classrooms to evaluate teaching methods and ensure quality instruction, providing feedback to teachers.
- Establishing an excellent rapport with parents and staff.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents through newsletters, announcements, phone calls, Remind app, emails, & conferences.
- Oversee the recruitment of new students (i.e. fielding phone calls, giving tours, meeting with parents.
- Enforcing the guidelines and policies as described in the Parent Handbook.
- Evaluate, develop, and implement marketing Materials for KDO for use within FBC Rogers and beyond.
- Work to build bridges and communicate with other Weekday and Sunday ministries of FBC.
- Maintain/Update Program and Staff records.
- Prepare annual program budget and/or other special reports as indicated.
- Coordinate ACH tuition drafts with Finance Office
- Develop and maintain program policies and procedures.
- Look for ways to continuously improve the KDO program.
- Establish performance goals and objectives.
- Develop and encourage high morale among all teachers and staff.
- Represent the KDO ministry in staff meetings, Make it Better meetings, & IT meetings.
- Greet parents and children when they arrive at KDO.
- Communicate with parents when they return for pick up regarding any problems or incidents that occurred during the day.
- Closely monitor each classroom and stand in as teacher or CSC when necessary.
- Organize and conduct yearly staff orientation.
- Report KDO staff hours for payroll purposes.
- Coordinate with the Assistant Director the purchase of inventory supplies and equipment and ensure these items are available as needed for KDO.
- Ensure the KDO spaces and equipment is kept in good order and repair.
- Prepare a yearly calendar for KDO.
- Prepare yearly registration packet and marketing.
- Enroll children in KDO and determine placements and class ratios.
- Serve as a liaison to the church staff for KDO.
- Update yearly employee agreements and train employees on the policies and procedures.
- Lead daily staff prayer meetings.
- Create and maintain all class rolls and waitlists.
- Maintain KDO enrollment in the Parent Pager system
- Manage KDO social media accounts.
- Prepare and distribute monthly tuition invoices.
- Post payments of registration fees and tuition.
- Notify parents if there is an NSF incident.
- Turn in program receipts for program purchases and reimbursements to the finance office.
- Prepare tax statements when requested by parents.
- Take phones calls and emails from prospective parents and keep waiting lists current.
- Call parents on the waiting list in order when there is a vacancy.
- Give tours to prospective families and help in the registration process.
- Answer KDO desk phone and voicemails.
- Collect, file, and request immunizations forms or waivers at the beginning of the KDO year.
- Arrange for yearly continuing education and certifications of KDO staff
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prompt and prepared
- Takes care of areas of responsibility
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks
- Positive attitude
- Positive growth in enrollment
- Keeps parents informed
- Show creativity
- Provides strategic improvement
- Seeks training opportunities for oneself and KDO staff
- Respects the privacy of others
- Conducts oneself knowing you represent FBC Rogers by your actions toward and interaction with others.
- Willingly strives to resolve conflict
Position requires the ability to lift, hold, & carry up to 45lbs for short distances.