FIRST ACADEMY Receptionist
First Academy is a PK3 through fifth-grade Christian school that is a ministry of First Baptist Rogers. The foundational purpose of the school is to provide academic and spiritual training for students during their first years of education. The overall responsibility of the school’s receptionist is to provide an initial positive and welcoming introduction and contact with the school.
• Answer the telephone and direct calls to the administrator and/or administrative assistant.
• Allow entrance to parents and visitors to the school. Make sure visitors sign in and get a nametag.
• Oversee the checkout of students making sure that pickup persons have parental permission to do so.
• Contact classrooms as needed to get lunches or other items to students or call students for early dismissal.
• Make copies for teachers or assist them in other ways as needed.
• Assist and care for students who feel ill or have simple first aid needs. Call parents for pickup as needed. Give students parent authorized medication.
• Provide clerical assistance to the administrator or administrative assistant as needed.
• Fill in for teachers on the playground, lunchroom, or classroom as needed.
• Receive catered hot lunches and prepare plates for students in three lunch periods.
• Keep a record of Friday pizza orders.
• Other duties as assigned to assist the administrator and/or administrative assistant or teachers.
Applicants should have a high school diploma and have good clerical and phone skills. The applicant needs to have knowledgeable computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
To apply for this position, you will need to complete both of the following items: