First Baptist Christian School Elementary/Middle School Principal and Preschool Director will plan, direct, and coordinate the academic, administrative, and auxiliary activities in accordance with the philosophy, policies, and procedures adopted by the Board and aligned with the overall mission of First Baptist Rogers.
You’ll find a phenomenon in NWA – people who were initially hesitant to make a move to a place they had never heard of quickly become unwilling to leave NWA when an opportunity comes along. Whether you are a newcomer or have had the pleasure of being a resident of this area for years, you’ve found a destination that offers the best of every world.
In Rogers and all of NWA, you’ll find four distinct seasons rather than the monotony of a place where the weather is predictable. From fall foliage that rivals the east coast to glorious spring days, mild winters and summer fun it’s a great place to enjoy the great outdoors (or the scenery from indoors).
Rogers is a unique place to experience the cutting edge along with the nostalgic. Bustling shopping lives harmoniously adjacent to gorgeous scenery and historic sites. Rogers may be one of the fastest growing places in the nation, but the heart and soul of small-town America are alive and well here. You’ll discover museums, art galleries, shopping and dining amid architectural treasures and brick-lined streets in our historic downtown, all just a stone’s throw from fishing, water sports, hiking, camping, boating and breathtaking vistas of nearby Beaver Lake nestled high in the Ozark Mountains.
- Administer FBCS in accordance with the philosophy, policies, and procedures adopted by the Board in direct alignment with the overall mission of the church.
- Facilitate the work of the Board and FBCS administration by the submission of requested reports, documents, suggested policies, etc. for the operation of FBCS.
- Provide leadership in the accomplishment of the spiritual mission of FBCS.
- Direct the daily operation of the school through supervision of staff, coordination of activities, and setting the tone for a quality educational program.
- Manage personnel affairs including recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Establish clear lines of authority, assign personnel, and develop job descriptions.
- Meet regularly with the church’s Pastor of Administration to ensure coordination of programs and timely problem resolution.
- Set educational standards and goals and help establish policies and procedures to carry them out.
- Observe teaching methods and examine learning materials to evaluate and standardize curricula and teaching techniques, and to determine areas where improvement is needed.
- Establish and implement procedures for the admission of students.
- Enforce discipline and attendance rules.
- Confer with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning problems.
- Authorize contracts to agencies or persons outside the school.
- Authorize purchase orders in cooperation with the church’s business administrative department.
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets in cooperation with church’s business administrative department.
- Coordinate public relations with the church’s communications team.
- Direct and coordinate school security with the Security Team and the Pastor of Church Administration.
- Direct and coordinate school maintenance services and the use of school facilities under the overall direction of the Pastor of Church Administration.
- Review and interpret government codes and develop programs to ensure adherence to codes and facility safety, security, and maintenance.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee school logistics programs, such as bus and food services.
- Maintain school accreditation with Association of Christian Schools International and Arkansas Non-public School Association (ANSAA).
- Provide long-range planning.
- Develop yearly calendars and maintain a schedule of all school events.
- Develop and disseminate school policy manuals for staff, parents, and students.
- Profess to be a born-again Christian and make a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God.
- Accept the school’s Statement of Faith without reservation.
- Manifest by daily example the highest Christian virtue serving as a Christian role model both in and out of school.
- Demonstrate and uphold the core values of First Baptist Christian School: Christ-likeness, family, church, educational excellence, service, and stewardship.
- Glorify God by partnering with parents within a Christ-centered community to instill a biblical worldview in students by educating, equipping, and encouraging in faith, excellence, and service.
- Integrate biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education into duties and responsibilities.
- Faithfully attend and support First Baptist Church, Rogers, of which this school is a ministry, whose fundamental beliefs and statement of faith are the same.
Bachelor's Degree required (Master's Degree preferred).
3-5 years experience preferred.
As part of our application process, you will need to complete both of the following items: