MEDIA SPECIALIST - lighting
First Baptist Rogers is a Southern Baptist Church in Northwest Arkansas. We conduct seven services each week at three different campuses for over 2,500 people each week. Our mission is to make disciples of all the nations, and our process of discipleship is “come, connect, grow, serve, and go.” The Media Specialist will have the following qualifications, education, and experience to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Program lighting shows for PG and OS Campuses main venues
- Set-up and tear down venues/classrooms as necessary for LIFE Groups, events, and worship services
- Provide audio and lighting support for events and worship services as across all campuses
- Manage lighting gear maintenance, storage, and inventory across all campuses
- Work alongside volunteers and build quality relationships with volunteers
- Work with existing staff and volunteers to provide cross-training to improve the ministry team
- Provide media support for Olive Street Campus on rotating basis
- Provide media support for Student and Children’s Ministry venues on rotating basis as needed
- Provide support for First Baptist Christian School events as needed
- Assist with video shoots on campus and off-site
- Work with Media and Communications team on creative staging elements (Christmas/Elevate/Etc.)
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Director of Media & Communications.
We need a team player with a servant’s heart who is passionate about Christ and pursuing excellence. We need someone that will be prepared to meet the challenges of a support ministry role with a great attitude. It will be expected that finding solutions will be a normal part of the weekly routine without the need for direct supervision. Must have a pleasant demeanor with staff, volunteers, and church members. We need someone that will abide by the honor code of FBR.
In addition, we need someone with a highly proficient knowledge of lighting design and operation. Experience with moving head fixture maintenance is preferred. Audio engineering ability necessary and/or ability to learn to provide necessary coverage for staff vacations. Working knowledge of ProPresenter and Adobe Creative Suite is required.
As part of our application process, you will need to complete both of the following items: