IT Specialist Overview
First Baptist Rogers is a Southern Baptist Church in Northwest Arkansas. We conduct seven services each week at three different campuses for over 2,500 people each week. Our mission is to make disciples of all the nations, and our process of discipleship is “come, connect, grow, serve, and go.”
FBR needs a qualified candidate to serve as our in-house IT Specialist in a long-term position. The successful candidate will serve two functions within the organization. First, he or she must coordinate between the members or the organization about IT-related infrastructure and development; and second, the IT Specialist will consult with vendors and contractors and advise about potential fixes or efficiency controls. We’re looking for a responsive, highly productive professional who can work with numerous customers to ensure the continued success of ministry activities and events.
- Employee Status: Full-time hourly
- Report to: Administrative Pastor
- Experience: 3 years' experience serving as an IT specialist
- Education, Training, and Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred or certification(s) in related field highly
- Hours Per Week: 40+; Workweek: Primarily Sunday – Thursday with some nights
- Base Salary: Discuss at Orientation
- Benefits: Discuss at Orientation
- Campus Location: Primarily Northwest Arkansas, with two campuses in Rogers, and 1 campus in Fayetteville
- Improve customer satisfaction related to IT needs, to Church members, guests as well as to vendors.
- Develop procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow, and improve the function of IT related support for ministry activities and IT related support for ministry activities and events.
- Work alongside the Administrative Pastor to plan monthly and yearly budgets, contracts, equipment replacement.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet ministry demands.
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department.
- Plan, implement and maintain integration of hardware and software.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple departments, ministries, and demographics of the church membership.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and find solutions to make it better.
- Proven track record of maintaining IT structural integrity.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, laptops, desktops, tablets, operating systems, telephones, software applications, security networks, and peripherals.
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and train employees on its use.
- Perform daily tasks to support daily IT operations, including but not limited to Helpdesk ticketing.
- Coordinate the needs of in-house IT with vendors and contractors.
- Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all network equipment, computers, phones, copiers, printers, network accessories, etc.
- Ability to go the extra mile in customer service, and to think ahead to minimize issues.
To be considered for this position you must complete both of the following: