FEMALE STUDENT ASSOCIATE
The Vision of First Baptist Rogers (FBR) is “A church for every person to reach every nation.” FBR is one Church in multiple locations reaching Northwest Arkansas. The vision of the Female Student Associate should be to seek to fulfill FBR's vision by visualizing FBR as one church in multiple locations by discipling female students in grades six through twelve.
The mission of First Baptist Rogers is to “Make Disciples of All the Nations.” We are seeking a Female Student Associate to fulfill this mission by making and maturing disciples of female sixth through twelfth graders that results in spiritual and numeric growth. This growth can best occur when the ministry is balanced : Come, Connect, Grow, Serve, Go.
- Employee Status: Full-time
- Report to: Student Pastor
- Experienced Required: 3 years' experience serving with student/youth ministry preferred.
- Education, Training and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or Master’s hours preferred but not required.
- Hours Per Week: Salary
- Base Salary: Discuss at Orientation
- Benefits: Discuss at Orientation
- Campus Location: Primarily at Pleasant Grove campus
The Female Student Associate is expected to help the Student Pastor bridge the discipleship process that was begun in the children's ministry, to adult ministry. The bridge must include: a fifth grade transitional event before they enter the student ministry; establish daily devotions; understand how to study their Bible; memorize Scriptures to share their faith; provide opportunities to share their faith; and establish a True Love Waits mentality.
The Female Student Associate is expected to help develop a vibrant ministry that makes and matures disciples resulting in spiritual and numerical growth. The growth process can best occur when the ministry is balanced with five biblical purposes: Come (Worship). Connect (Fellowship). Grow (Discipleship). Serve (Ministry). Go (Evangelism).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. To support and sustain the Student Ministry direction established by the Student Pastor.
2. To minister directly to female students from grades six-twelve.
3. To support the Student Pastor:
- To plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate the Middle School thru High School ministry organization to accomplish the church’s mission.
- To lead in planning and conducting special age-group activities and programs appropriate for the spiritual growth of the students in middle school through high school, including Bible study, discipleship, outreach, fellowships, retreats, camps, mission trips, conferences, and leadership development.
- To promote weekly outreach.
- To share in staff visitation to prospective members, potential leaders, crisis situations, hospital and geriatrics visits.
- To visit at least three school events weekly for lunch, sports events, etc., during the school year.
- To strengthen relationships with the schools.
- To attend staff meetings and retreats.
- To protect students by enforcing background checks for all workers age 18 and over.
- To develop and administer a yearly budget.
4. To assist the Senior Pastor and Discipleship Pastor in all pastoral ministries as directed.
Three years experience serving with student/youth ministry preferred. Bachelor’s degree or Master’s hours preferred but not required. Must affirm/agree with the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.